Face your Fear: Take the challenge of Canyoneering in Cebu
The greatest way to escape a dull life is to be fearless and begin the adventure of vitality, but what it scares the most is the challenge that never been faced. Fear, of course, is an experience-crushing and life-dawning, but one thing never let my fears overruled me is because I choose not to be…(giggle) well, just kidding. Yes, I’m an outdoor person, yet I’m still in the process of conquering my acrophobia. Nonetheless, given the chance to face the country’s best adrenaline booster of all time, known as Canyoneering, is one of the best fear-killer I’d ever tried.
What is this all about? How it made me feel so much awesomeness?
Well, when Cebu worldly opened this exciting and thrilling life adventure with unique secure of the environment, people around the world scream to experience an awesomeness escapade. I wished to try too, however, it took me a hundred times to convince my friends for this thrill but then, nobody agreed with me. “So if you wait.. it will come in a right time.” until such an invitation knocked on my door… and without a second thought… a big “YES” came out from my mouth.
The breathing scenery, cold-refreshing water, sweet-nature hopping, fascinating rock formations and experience adrenaline-booster trekking. Those are just a few meanings of what Cebu’s Canyoning experience brought me when I tried it with my colleagues (namely: Ram, Lotes, Hewish, Brandy, Salma, Miggy and Josh). And also, one thing would lead this activity more awesome is with people who encourage you to move forward and jump up to the next level of canyoning challenges. Be excited for 70ft jump, a death-defying activity. (ehehe) It made me think about Taylor Swift words, “Being fearless isn’t being 100% not fearful, it’s being terrified but you jump anyway.”
Yael Canyoneering: The trusted adventure team
- From Cebu South Bus terminal ride a Ceres bus bound for Alegria (Php. 140-150 back and forth). Around 4:00am starting travel time is highly recommended.
- After 3 to 4 hours of travel, drop off at hi-way of Brgy. Madridejos, Sitio Sangi,Alegria. As you reach the place, the team Yael Canyoneering welcomes you warmly with a big smile and greetings. They would ask you first to take your breakfast at the nearest restaurant.
- Proceed to Yael Canyoneering Station at the street of Sangi, Alegria crossroad. Gear up and be ready.
- Next, walk down the road or ride a motorcycle-for-hire to the Alegria Tourism Office for registration and brief information on do’s and don’ts.
- From Sitio Sangi crossroad, travel for three-kilometer by motorcycle-for-hire and arrive at Brgy. Compostel, and trek for 5 mins. to Kanla-ob river.
- Now, be ready for the challenge… trek, swim, jump and refresh yourself for about 4 to 5 hours depending on your pace from Kanla-ob river to Kawasan Falls Brgy. Matutinao, Badian.
|Jump and experience the Cebu’s best canyoneering|
- 1 to 5 pax- Php. 1,200 per head with lunch (800 without lunch)
- 6 to 10 pax- Php.1,000 per head with lunch (700 without lunch)
- 11 to 15 pax- Php. 900 per head with lunch (650 without lunch)
- Strike off: Just mention about where you’ve read this information and state my name “BonetSmile” Boom!!! you will surely get a Big Discount. Enjoy!
- Transfer from Brgy. Malabago to Kanla-ob River, Brg. Compostela Alegria
- Transfer from Kawasan Falls back to Sitio Sangi, Alegria (motorcycle)
- Entrance Fee (Brg. Compostela Alegria) and Exit Fee (Brg. Matutinao,Badian)
- Life Vest and Helmet
- Professional Tour Guides
- Dry Bag
- Lunch/dinner and cottage use in Kawasan Falls
- Wear your own rash guards/leggings, trekking shoes/sandals or running shoes and socks.
- Action camera (e.g. GoPro)
- Zip locks for non-waterproof phones
- Googles (if you’re wearing contact lenses)
- Floater or Straps for your cameras
- Canyoneering from Kanla-ob River to Kawasan Falls takes approximately 4 hours, depending on your speed (for jumping, trekking and picture taking). The best staring time is 8:30am-9:00am and end up at Kawasan Falls at noon. The cutoff time is until 1:00 pm for big groups, 2pm for small groups.
Stop your oozing fear with this life changing activity, the Cebu’s best Canyoneering is here. Take a deep breath and be safe with the Yael Canyoneering team. Just lead your heart to a wonderful water sports experience. So, you guys must try and surely you will have a refreshing summer blast.
P.S. Watch out for our video soon.